lunes, 18 de mayo de 2015

Present Simple versus Present Continuous - 6th form

Let`s learn and play!

Grammar Rule

Examples

I play tennis every Sunday.
I’m playing hockey now.
She eats fruit every day.
She’s eating an apple now.

Remember!

We use the present simple to talk about routines – what you do every day or every week. We use the present continuous to talk about things you are doing now.
I watch cartoons every day.
I’m watching a film now.  
 

Be careful!

For the present simple, add ‘s’ or ‘es’ for he/she/it. Make the negative with ‘don’t’ or ‘doesn’t’. For the present continuous, use the verb ‘to be’ and ‘-ing’. Add ‘not’ to make the negative.  
My dad makes dinner every evening. He doesn’t make lunch.
We are studying English now. We aren’t studying maths.

We say... We don’t say...

I wake up every morning at 7:00. (NOT I am waking up every morning at 7:00.)
She is talking on the phone now. (NOT She talks on the phone now.)
They aren’t reading a book now. (NOT They don’t reading a book now.)


Now, let's play!
Click here and then here to play these two great games!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario