lunes, 18 de mayo de 2015

Present Simple for 5th form!

Hi children, let's remember!

Grammar Rule

Examples

I am big. I am 10 years old!
They are Egyptian. They are from Egypt.

Remember!

I am big. = I'm big.
You are my friend. = You're my friend.
My mum is a doctor.  = My mum's a doctor.
We are doctors. = We're doctors.
They are Egyptian. = They’re Egyptian
.

Be careful!

For negatives add ‘not’. The negative of 'I am' is 'I'm not' or 'I am not'.
I’m not 9 years old!
I am not 9 years old!

They’re not English.
They aren't English.
They are not English.
She is not a teacher.
She’s not a teacher.

She isn't a teacher.

We say... We don’t say...


I'm not 9 years old. (NOT I amn't 9 years old.)
Are you 9 years old? (NOT You are 9 years old?)
Are they English? (NOT They are English?)
Is she a teacher? (NOT She is a teacher?)
(If you want to show surprise you can say Pronoun + be +? as a question, e.g. You're 9?)

Now, let's play a game

See you next time!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario